I have had the pleasure of presenting a variety of topics to many different groups over the years, starting during my textbook publishing days with software training sessions. (Do you have any idea how challenging it is to try training sales people right before lunchtime, or worse, right before happy hour?!?)
My specialty has always been in presenting technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences without confusing the hell out of them.
Here are some of the topics I’ve handled:
- SEO and WordPress – a rundown of the three aspects of SEO as they relate to WordPress, reflecting the latest changes to search engine algorithms. (As described in my SEO is a Three Legged Stool blog post.)
- Monetizing Websites – an overview of the methods of making money from websites, with a focus on advertising models, as delivered to the Fort Worth Web Design meetup
- SEO Live On-Page Review – a panel discussion at the Dallas SEO meetup reviewing attendee websites
- Extreme SEO Makeover – a fun presentation I’ve made at several local meetups, outlining how to “SEO up” an existing website
- Seven Keys to Improving your Search Engine Results – another meetup presentation highlighting SEO best practices
- Seven Keys to Designing a Successful Website – this one reviewed for non-technical entrepreneurs the advantages and possibilities of a good business website
I’ve also given general technology presentations at monthly meetings of the Tarrant County Business Breakfast, The Advisory Board, and the Fort Worth Club.