Customer-focused IT manager with broad business acumen and a quick study on new technologies. Solid team player able to see the big picture. Skilled at motivating employees and building successful teams. I get the job done.
IT MANAGER SKILLS:
|Web Development||Change Advocacy||Superior Writing Skills|
|Help Desk Management||Mentoring Employees||Problem Solving|
|Database Administration||Goal Setting/Achieving||Leadership|
|Project Management||Business Continuity||Flexible and Adaptable|
- Managed a department providing Help Desk, Network Services, DBA Services, and Application Development for 250 local and 250 remote employees.
- Increased the quality of departmental services and decreased the help desk backlog by 90% without exceeding budget or growing headcount.
- Hired, fired, and otherwise developed employees in the course of satisfying departmental and company objectives.
- Managed team projects including Help Desk outsourcing, disaster recovery, two flawlessly executed $800K laptop replacements for the sales staff, and the company migration from cc:Mail to Notes – all completed on time and on/under budget.
- Created a Help Desk Service Level Agreement (SLA) to manage customer expectations (on factors like problem resolution, uptime, and service availability) and rebuild customer confidence.
- Managed a DBA staff that designed/built a Data Warehouse containing mission-critical product and customer information for use by internal sales and external e-business partners, saving the company $50,000 in consulting fees and increasing B2B sales.
- Sponsored and implemented a network infrastructure upgrade including architecture redesign, OS migration, SAN deployment, and Network Operations Center expansion.
- Developed and executed annual budgets exceeding $1 million, including forecasting and expense estimation, while ensuring that critical services/activities were met.
- Designed company’s technology infrastructure and directed its implementation.
- Yankeerudy.com, Fort Worth TX
5/09 – Present
- Leadrival, Hurst TX
5/08 – 5/09
- Smartacus Corporation, Fort Worth TX
Founder/VP of Operations
9/02 – 5/08
- Harcourt College Publishers, Ft Worth TX
Director of OnLine Systems
5/97 – 7/02
- Saint Peter’s College
Jersey City, NJ
- Zenger Miller
Leadership/Soft Skills Training
Fort Worth, TX