I am a customer-focused business professional with vision and experience in problem solving, leadership, and change advocacy. My strengths include diagnosing problems, working with business customers to produce effective solutions, and delivering tangible results. I get the job done.
- Solutions: Landing page optimization, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), LAMP technology, WordPress, disaster recovery, sales automation, workflow application design, project management, data warehouse
- Operating systems: Windows (95, NT, 2000, XP, Vista), MacOS, Linux
- Languages: PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase SQL Server, Lotus Notes
- Other tools: Flash, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from St Peter’s College, Jersey City NJ
- Search Marketing Training Program, Marketing Profs University
- Assorted leadership and soft skills training via Zenger Miller program
Yankeerudy.com May 2009 – Present
SEO Specialist and WordPress Consultant
- Designed and built a web-based data warehouse application for a US defense contractor to track performance of proposals, including both pre-formatted reports and custom reporting capabilities.
- Executed a contest-based social media marketing campaign to highlight the release of a mobile app for an online travel corporation.
- Devised a social media tactics to improve a non-profit parenting organization’s ongoing fundraising efforts.
- Conducted ongoing branding activities using Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms for several companies, including Yankeerudy.com.
- Designed and developed a website to accompany a multimillion dollar Department of Defense project proposal for a major US defense contractor.
- Upgraded an antiquated website for a regional non-profit association, including a new design and increased functionality.
- Created WordPress and Multisite WordPress websites for various clients, customizing theme layouts and functionality to mirror client requirements.
- Migrated over a dozen websites to a new web server for a local web development company, minimizing downtime and preserving email connectivity.
- Conducted SEO audits on a variety of websites, using Google Analytics and other specialized tools to identify problem areas and make recommendations that yield the greatest overall SEO benefit.
- Executed numerous website SEO makeovers resulting in increased traffic and improved rankings.
- Delivered custom seminars on technical topics to local business owners and technologists.
U.S. Census April 2010 – June 2010
- Conducted training sessions for 22 enumerator and crew leader assistant trainees.
- Delivered highest productivity with the lowest error rate in the Fort Worth district.
- Assigned duty areas to enumerators and directed their daily data collection activities.
- Adapted procedures to accommodate ongoing changes as directed by the local U.S. Census field office.
- Reviewed and certified daily payroll and progress reports and ensured that work was completed within established time schedules.
AECOM Government Services April 2004 – March 2010
- Researched pricing for a number of U.S. Government contract proposals and task orders, in a variety of pricing areas including ODCs, vehicles, and computer equipment.
- Created complex Excel spreadsheets to model the pricing impact for multi-year contracts and provide detailed data per RFP specifications.
- Developed Excel spreadsheet for Afghanistan Embassy project to schedule asynchronous guard rotations, with no readily discernible shift-changing patterns and following prescribed daily/weekly labor limitations.
- Participated in several proposal completions including binder assembly, Red Team review, and proposal delivery.
Leadrival May 2008 – May 2009
- Increased quarterly organic traffic to client sites by 68% and company sites by 44%, using SEO strategies including link building and on-page optimization.
- Designed A/B tests on landing pages/advertisements to improve conversion rates up to 40%.
- Adjusted web page content and coding to improve search ranking for existing websites.
- Revised WordPress theme layouts for more effective Calls to Action.
- Conducted primary and secondary keyword research for client and company websites.
- Devised social media marketing plans for selected client and company sites, resulting in increased traffic and improved search ranking.
- Executed search engine marketing campaigns using a combination of Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing, Microsoft adCenter, and other pay-per-click brokers (along with site-specific paid advertisements) which increased overall revenues while reducing cost per lead by up to 60%.
The Smartacus Corporation 2002 – 2008
Co-Founder and VP of Operations
- Provided training for local area business owners on web technology topics.
- Developed strategic business and marketing plans necessary for a start-up venture.
- Drafted business objectives and strategies for attaining corporate goals.
- Designed company’s technology infrastructure and directed its implementation.
- Developed production workflows and technology solutions to mirror them.
- Developed a corporate website using LAMP technologies and SEO strategies that resulted in Top Ten Google search results for targeted keywords within 30 days.
- Created several WordPress CMS websites including theme design and content writing.
- Developed multiple corporate websites using LAMP technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), utilizing SEO-friendly techniques and strategies yielding extremely favorable search engine results. These websites also incorporated both static and dynamic (PHP-driven) uses of cascading style sheets (CSS).
- Created a PHP/MySQL-based web application for a client that mirrored his organization’s workflow and saved one week’s manual efforts every month. Also incorporated additional features that yielded additional new saleable services for his customers, enhancing his revenues.
- Analyzed requirements and produced bids on LAMP development projects for potential clients. This included forecasting expenses and other development costs to maximize project ROI.
Harcourt Inc. 1993 – 2002
Director of On-Line Systems
Managed a department providing PC helpdesk, network services, DBA services, and application development for 250 local and 250 remote employees.
- Managed several team projects including helpdesk outsourcing, disaster recovery, two flawlessly executed $800K laptop replacements for the sales staff, and the company migration from cc:Mail to Notes – all completed on time and on or under budget.
- Increased the quality of departmental services and decreased the help desk backlog by 90% without exceeding budget or growing headcount.
- Developed a service level agreement (SLA) for the PC helpdesk to manage customer expectations (on factors such as problem resolution, uptime, and service availability) and rebuild customer confidence.
- Managed a DBA staff that designed and built a data warehouse containing mission-critical product and customer information for use by internal sales and external e-business partners, saving the company $50,000 in consulting fees and increasing B2B sales.
- Created Lotus Notes and Domino applications to customer requirements, saving the company $20,000 in consultant fees in one instance.
- Sponsored and implemented a network infrastructure upgrade including architecture redesign, Netware-to-NT migration, SAN deployment, and expansion of the Network Operations Center.
- Developed and executed annual budgets exceeding $1 million, including forecasting and expense estimation, while ensuring that critical services/activities were not hampered.
- Managed relationships with multiple external vendors, including hardware, software, and services.
- Hired, fired, and otherwise developed employees in the course of satisfying departmental and company objectives.
- Rolled out two successive sales automation projects using distributed client/server data models.
- Developed disaster recovery/business continuity plan for Fort Worth business unit.
Senior Technical Analyst
- Built and deployed a Sales Automation system to approximately 200 remote sales employees.
- Project managed upgrades to a custom client/server application to accommodate WAN users.
- Conducted three separate research projects evaluating data migration within a three-tier architecture.
- Provided end-user support for all applications built by the development team.